Red Lion, Blockley, England
The Red Lion Steps (High Street, Blockley, England) consist of two buildings, both named the Red Lion. One is on the east (right) side of the steps that climb the hill, the other on the west (left). The east building had a public house on the ground floor. The Hale family rented the property starting 1789 and purchased it in 1806. It was sold to Flower & Son, brewers, in 1897. Hale family relatives managed the public house until it was closed after World War II and converted to a private residence, owned by Miss A. Nora Yoxall (who did the stained glass windows in the north porch of the Blockley Parish Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, 1974).
Photo by Lucy McCoy, Nov 1999; uploaded with description, Mar 14, 09, Blockley site, MyFamily.com
(photo file name: 078)